Free mental health awareness training in Derbyshire
1.00pm to 5.00pm at Derbyshire
1.00pm to 5.00pm
Derbyshire County Council have commissioned Harmless to deliver half day Mental Health Awareness training sessions for staff and volunteers from a broad range of statutory, community and voluntary sector organisations, working within Derbyshire county (excluding city).
This training session will develop understanding and knowledge of:
- the continuum of mental health and dual axis model
- signs and symptoms of mental health problems
- prevalence of mental health problems
- populations at higher risk
- protective and risk factors
- impact of mental health problems
- stigma and discrimination
- approaches to incorporate into own practice in order to support interaction
- resources and services available both nationally and locally (Derbyshire)
This training is not suitable for professional groups who require more in-depth skills and knowledge to assess and provide long-term support to individuals with mental ill health.
Venue: North East Derbyshire