Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: The Why, The What and The How
1.00pm to 2.00pm at National
1.00pm to 2.00pm
This free panel event aims to provide small businesses with tangible ways to improve diversity within their businesses and why this could lead to increased growth.
Comprising of MPs, business leaders, academics and policy experts, the event will cover several themes around diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- The state of play: What are the specific barriers faced by ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, women and LGBT people?
- Time to Change: The business, social and economic case for equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Dispelling the myths: What can SMEs do to demonstrate a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion?
- Effecting change: What does best practice look like? What should employers do to ensure their workforce is diverse and inclusive and what can we learn from best practice businesses?
- Measuring success: How do we know we’re making a lasting difference?
The Panellists are:
- John Lehal, Strategy Consultant (Chair)
- Bola Adesina, Legal and General
- Diana Chrouch, Chair, BAME Business Policy, Federation of Small Businesses
- David Johnston, Member of Parliament for Wantage and former Chief Executive of the Social Mobility Foundation
- Professor Monder Ram OBE, Centre for Research in Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship
There are currently no similar events.
There are currently no featured events.