The Good Youth Employment Symposium - VIP panel session
12.00pm to 1.00pm at National
12.00pm to 1.00pm
Monday 23rd November 12.00 – 1.00pm – VIP Panel session
Youth Employment UK will be hosting an interactive online symposium that aims to help organisations understand how they can better support, engage and employ young people who are furthest from the labour market.
Symposium sessions will run daily across lunchtime for the week commencing 23rd November.
Sessions will bring to life the challenges facing young people with additional needs, through the lived experience of young people telling their own stories and working with expert organisations and youth-friendly employers to create a set of practical recommendations for colleagues to put into practice.
The Symposium will cover Disability, Race & ethnicity, Young offenders, Mental health and Socio-economic Factors.
The outcomes of each session will be:
– To give an overview of the landscape and policy context
– To hear from young people with lived experience
– Best practice from employers and sector specialists
– Practical steps to removing barriers
The symposium will begin with an expert panel discussion chaired by Diane Modahl MBE, CEO of Diane Modahl Sports Foundation and Chair of the Greater Manchester Young Person’s Task Force.
- Minister for Employment Mims Davies MP
- Tony Wilson, Director of the Institute for Employment Studies
- Clare Boden-Hatton, Head of Skills Delivery at West Midlands Combined Authority
- Laura-Jane Rawlings, CEO of Youth Employment UK
- Patrick Cantellow, Director and Youth Ambassador Chair of Youth Employment UK
There are currently no similar events.
There are currently no featured events.