Kickstart: Make a Difference Now
10.00am to 11.00am at National
10.00am to 11.00am
The long-term scarring impact of unemployment on young people who are entering the labour market at this difficult time is forecast to cost the economy £14.4 billion over the next seven years.
Join The Prince’s Trust to hear from businesses employing young people through the Government’s Kickstart Scheme and the difference it is making to the economy, business and to unemployed young people.
This is an opportunity to gain practical tips from employers, overcome barriers to applying and delivering the scheme whilst being inspired by the impact you can have as an organisation with the support of The Prince’s Trust.
Speakers and panellists include:
- Young people currently on Kickstart placements at M&S and LADbible
- Mims Davies, Minister for Employment at the Department of Work and Pensions
- Robyn Richards, Group Head of Talent, JD Sports
- Adele Bridgeman, Talent Business Partner, LADbible
- Louise Tredwen, HR Talent Partner, M&S
- Ben Marson, Director of Partnerships, The Prince’s Trust
At this critical time, businesses, government and communities across the UK need to collaborate to help make a difference to young people furthest from the job market. It is only by working together that we can stop this generation of young people giving up on their futures and themselves.
Kickstart is a Government scheme that provides funding to employers to create job placements for 16 to 24-year-olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long-term unemployment.
There are currently no similar events.
There are currently no featured events.