Mental Health & Suicide Awareness training - Module 4
9.30am to 4.30pm at Nottinghamshire
9.30am to 4.30pm
Nottinghamshire County Council have commissioned Harmless to deliver a range of Mental Health awareness and Suicide prevention accredited courses. Please note, you must be a resident or supporting people who reside in Nottinghamshire to qualify for a place on this training course in order to meet eligibility criteria for this free training session. Only 2 people from the same organisation can attend the course at one time.
For more information or advice on the courses being delivered please speak to a member of the training team via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 880 0281.
Full day Module 4 Suicide Intervention training
For third sector frontline staff working with adults (18+) and vulnerable to suicide risk.
- Improve knowledge and understanding of suicide
- Awareness of myths and facts surrounding suicide
- Recognise risk factors and warning signs for suicide
- Develop an understanding of suicide and stigma
- Recognise the wider impact of suicide
- Identify effective risk assessing skills
- Build skill and confidence in responding to and supporting someone in suicidal crisis
- Recognise the importance of recovery and support, including ways of maintaining mental wellbeing
- Discuss signposting individuals to appropriate, professional help
Venue: Gedling venue to be notified once place is booked
There are currently no similar events.