Mental Health & Suicide Awareness training - Module 1
9.00am to 1.00pm at Nottinghamshire
9.00am to 1.00pm
Nottinghamshire County Council have commissioned Harmless to deliver a range of Mental Health awareness and Suicide prevention.
Half day Module 1 Mental Health & Suicide Awareness training
Training is targeted to specific audiences, rather than knowledge levels so you will not need to attend ALL modules.
For members of the community or a volunteers who are involved in a community scheme or activity about mental health or suicide preveniton for adults (18+)
- Define the term mental health, using the mental health continuum
- Recognise the signs of mental ill health and suicide risk
- Explore the links between physical and mental health
- Increase awareness of the impact of attitudes and beliefs that lead to stigma and discrimination around mental ill health and suicide
- Understand the Five Ways to Wellbeing and Safe to Talk about Suicide
- Increase confidence in having a conversation with someone in distress and supporting them to seek help
- Understanding the wider impact of emotional distress on friends and family
This training is not suitable for professional groups who require more in-depth skills and knowledge to assess and provide long-term support to individuals with mental ill health or suicide risk.
Venue: Toton Methodist Church, Stapleford Lane, Toton, Nottinghamshire, NG9 6GA
There are currently no similar events.
There are currently no featured events.