Mental Health & Suicide Awareness training - Module 2
9.00am to 1.00pm at Nottinghamshire
9.00am to 1.00pm
Nottinghamshire County Council have commissioned Harmless to deliver a range of Mental Health awareness and Suicide prevention accredited courses.
For more information or advice on the courses being delivered please speak to a member of the training team via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 880 0281
Half day Module 2 Mental Health & Suicide Awareness training
Training is targeted to specific audiences, rather than knowledge levels so you will not need to attend ALL modules.
For third sector frontline staff working with:
- Adults (18+)
- With low level mental health support needs
- Those with undiagnosed mental health conditions
- Those with low mood or worry
- Understand the mental health continuum
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of a range of mental health conditions
- Explore the links between physical and mental health
- Recognise risk factors and warning signs for suicide risk
- Build skill and confidence in supporting someone in suicidal crisis
- Increase awareness of the impact of attitudes and beliefs that lead to stigma and discrimination around mental ill health and suicide
- Understanding the wider impact of emotional distress and suicide on friends and family
- Explore the Five Ways to Wellbeing and Safe to Talk about Suicide
- Increase confidence in guiding and supporting someone in distress to appropriate professional services, including those in suicidal crisis
This training is not suitable for professional groups who require more in-depth skills and knowledge to assess and provide long-term support to individuals with mental ill health or suicide risk.
Venue: Acacia Centre, Acacia Suite, Acacia Avenue, Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 9BH
There are currently no similar events.
There are currently no featured events.