Mental Health & Suicide Awareness training - Module 3
9.00am to 1.00pm at Nottinghamshire
9.00am to 1.00pm
Nottinghamshire County Council have commissioned Harmless to deliver a range of Mental Health awareness and Suicide prevention.
Half day Module 3 Mental Health Intervention training
Training is targeted to specific audiences, rather than knowledge levels so you will not need to attend ALL modules.
For third sector frontline staff working with
- Adults (18+)
- With medium level mental health support needs
- Who may have one or more coexisting conditions
- Understand the mental health continuum
- Recognise the prevalence of mental health conditions, locally and nationally
- Identify and explore risk and protective factors that influence mental health
- Explore the links between physical and mental health, including a focus on long-term physical health conditions and behavioural disorders
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of a range of mental health conditions
- Understanding the impact mental health conditions have on a person’s life as well as the wider impacts
- Consider ways to reduce stigma and discrimination
- Develop skills to respond to and support someone with a mental health condition
- Establish ways to support individuals in self-management and early intervention
- Recognise the importance of recovery, self-management, and early intervention
- Build effective signposting skills to appropriate treatment and professional support
This training is not suitable for professional groups who require more in-depth skills and knowledge to assess and provide long-term support to individuals with mental ill health or suicide risk.
Venue: St Peters Centre, Church Side, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 1AP