National Academy for Social Prescribing: Thriving Communities Online Launch Event
From 12.00pm at D2N2 Wide
Community Action is delighted to be co-ordinating the Midlands (East and West) regional delivery of the National Academy for Social Prescribing (NASP) Thriving Communities Programme.
The Thriving Communities Programme will celebrate and support the work of local voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise groups across the country who are supporting communities most impacted by Covid19.
A launch event for the programme is being held online on Tuesday 10 November from 12 noon until 1pm. The event will bring together local groups and organisations to recognise and share their work to support people through Covid19, embrace new ways of involving citizens, simple acts of kindness, and community action which helps people to build on their strengths and community assets.
The launch event will give you the opportunity to find out:
- about the Thriving Communities Programme and how its packages of support can help you
- how the Programme will help to share your successes with others and gain new ideas through the Thriving Communities Network
- how to access the funding
- how to encourage community partnerships across physical activity, financial wellbeing, arts, nature, health and care sectors and help you to connect to social prescribing link workers
- from other groups about their work with communities most impacted by COVID19, and how they responded to the pandemic in innovative ways.
The programme is delivered in partnership with local infrastructure agencies, social prescribing providers, Sport England, NHS Charities Together, Natural England, Arts Council England, Money and Pensions Service and NHS England and NHS Improvement.
As we enter another lockdown period this is a great opportunity to showcase your organisation’s work supporting your local community during the Covid19 crisis. It is also a great platform for organisations to learn from each other’s experiences – what worked and what didn’t.
There are currently no similar events.
There are currently no featured events.